Kim Kardashian stepped out proudly saying she was going makeup free at the Balenciaga show in Paris. Alicia Keys has been hosting NBC’s The Voice sans makeup and caused a hashtag movement #NoMakeup. The no makeup look is really just that, a look, because these celebrities are, in fact, wearing makeup, but they’ve figured out a way to get that “no makeup look.” You can, too.
Here are 7 musts to get you the look.
- Use a skin tint instead of foundation. Always start with a clean and moisturized face. BB cream or a very sheer foundation works well, too. The key is to let you natural skin color come through.
- Conceal any obvious breakouts or deep undereye circles with concealer. Using too much accentuates problem areas. Dab and blend blemish areas, swipe the concealer under your eyes then pat with a finger to blend properly.
- Curl your lashes then add a lash boosting serum for a touch of gloss. Comb and fill in empty spots in eyebrows then use a gel to tame them down. A tinted brow gel is the best bet.
- Use a cream/gel hybrid on cheeks. These look more natural and you won’t a caked on look that can happen with powder blushes.
- Apply a light, neutral shadow. The look is to make your eyes stand out, not have the eye shadow show. So go easy.
- Finish with a light, moisturizing lip color. Or use a neutral matte lipstick.
- If you skin has a tendency to become shiny, it’s best to apply a light, oil-absorbing powder. Use a brush and apply in a circular motion to create a cover-up rather than a heavy powdered finish.